Monday, March 6, 2017

Remember Him!

Buenas tardes a todos! Ojalá que tuvieran una buena semana y pudieran ver un milagro en sus vidas! Me encantan los milagros! Son reales!! (Good afternoon everyone! I hope you all had a good week and were able to see miracles in their lives! I love miracles! They’re real!)

Another legendary week here in New Rochelle! This week was such a spiritual and miracle filled week! I guess I will start off by talking about the mission tour with Elder Gong! Oh my goodness, it was so amazing! So, Monday night we had a devotional! We were able to shake hands with Elder Gong, and it's so crazy, haha, every time we have a general authority come to the mission they are able to give us a hand shake and look into our eyes, and they say that that looking deep into our eyes is the interview he has with us. And boy, do they look deep into your soul. But it was cool to have a little cool spiritual experience as Elder Gong and I looked into each other’s eyes for about 15 sec. The meeting started off with a hymn sung by a sister in the mission. She sang the song, “Savior, redeemer of my soul”. And the second she started singing, Elder Gong, President Smith, and everyone else in the congregation was in tears. I can honestly say I have never before felt the Spirit so strong in my life. It's Incredible the impact music can have on our testimonies and on our lives. There is a line from the song that I wanted to share with y’all this afternoon that touched my heart. It says "make me more worthy of thy love and fit me for the life above". Think about that for a second, and ask yourself what that means to you. Anyways, we had a great meeting with Elder Gong that night and we were able to talk about how we can remember Jesus Christ daily in our lives. As missionaries it is a little bit easier because we are constantly talking and bearing testimony of Him, but he also asked us what we are going to do to remember Him after our missions. I promised to fulfill my calling in the church and live up to my priesthood. And I will hold to that. To be able to remember Jesus Christ doesn't always mean that we have to continually repeat His name in our heads or never think about anything but His atonement, but as we grow and progress to become like Him daily through our actions we can slowly inherit His countenance. I love the Savior!

The next day, Tuesday, we had a zone conference that, of course, was based on teaching repentance and baptizing converts. It was incredible! We learned so many things! And after the zone conference we had an MLC, which was also fantastic, in which we talked about Alma 37:6. We made small and simple goals that will help us to better accomplish our purpose of teaching repentance and baptizing converts! It was great! I loved being able to hear from Elder Gong and to learn so much this week from him. He really is called of God.

On the investigator side everything is going great! Luz is preparing to be baptized on the 19ththe Sunday before I will probably be leaving the area. So, we hope that goes well! We are also teaching her friend named Cinthya that makes me sooo mad! We have literally had the most spiritual lessons with her and she has felt the spirit testify to her so many times, even through dreams, but she is having a hard time recognizing those answers. We pray that her and Luz will be able to take the big step of baptism together on the 19th.

Remember when I talked about Noche de Hogar with all of those people?! Well, a couple of the non- members have been coming to church recently and yesterday at church after the meetings one of the little boys that always goes came up to us and said that he wanted to be baptized! Supposedly, he finally got permission from his mom and so we can't wait to help him and his family also receive the blessing of the gospel! His name is Junior! He truly was an answer to our prayers!

Just a little funny story for the week: So, I was on a split the other day and President and his wife had asked us to take William and Lauren out for lunch, so after we had gotten lunch we were driving in the car and we pulled up to a light and we saw a lady in her car smoking. William looked at us and told us to share the gospel with her. So we did! We rolled down the window and started having a conversation with her about her smoking habit. Then the light went green so we drove away. Then we pull up next to her at the next light and start talking again, then the next light and then after that the next light! Haha, we were able to have an awesome conversation with this lady through our cars at 4 different stop lights! She wasn't too interested, but it was kind of a funny experience!

Anyways, I love you all! I love the gospel! Hope you have a great week!

Con amor, 

Elder Brown
These first three pictures are from the conference with Elder Gong this past week



A couple more pictures from their food fest last week




No comments:

Post a Comment