Wednesday, March 2, 2016

La Fe (Faith)

Familia!

I hope all is going well back home! I really enjoy all the letters and hearing about how you are doing and what goes on back in good ole Utah! It sounds like everything is going amazing! I just wish Boston wasn't so sick all the time! That makes me so sad! Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIDGER!! I hope you had an awesome day buddy! I love you so much and I miss you! Don't get too big!!

Soooo, TRANSFERS were this week! They happened yesterday and I will be.........staying in Concourse with Elder Frei! Hahaha, I literally was so excited when I found out I would be staying another transfer here! It was a shock though, that is for sure. I was saying goodbye to all the people and getting a lot of pictures and then Saturday night we got the call that we would be staying. So basically, Sunday I got to let everyone know that I wouldn't be leaving. It really is a blessing to me that I have this opportunity. I know that I'm staying here for a reason. And, I'm super excited. So, when I leave Concourse I will only have a year and 3 months left in my mission basically. That is literally so insane! TENDER MERCY!!

Not going to lie to you all, this week has probably been one of the hardest weeks so far on my mission. We felt as if all of our investigators were losing interest. We couldn't find anybody to save our lives, and things just weren't going too well! I was honestly quite bummed out. We have spent more time on our knees than we ever have, and for a little while I thought that none of our prayers were getting answered. We still could not find anybody - door after door - street after street. We talked to a lot of Catholics, but nobody was interested. We were discouraged to say the least. We teach that, as we keep the commandments and do what the Lord says, He will answer our prayers. We felt that we were the most obedient we have ever been, and then everything just started falling apart. I was confused. But my whole mindset was changed last night as we were tracting doors and ran into a less active that had not been to church in forever, but was still reading and praying every day and just didn't know where to find the chapel. As we shared a message about prayer, we talked about how the Lord answers our prayers in His time. He knows so much better than us about what we need. As we submit our will to the Lord, our faith will be strong enough to know that even when they take a little bit more time, the answers will come. She said she had been praying for 7 months to find the opportunity to come to church, and that us knocking on her door was what she needed. I know that for me even as a missionary my faith waivers. The mission is hard, but every day I see the tender mercies of the Lord. It is such a testimony to me that He is there, and that we have a loving Heavenly Father who cares and gives.

The past couple of days things have been really picking up though, and we have been able to get back in touch with some people that I taught like my first week in the mission. Some people with some serious
potential.

Something that I have really enjoyed so far on my mission is district meetings. This past week we were talking about the 2000 stripling warriors. Such dope guys! "yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them." Alma 56:47. Wow, how lucky am I to have a mother (and father of course) like I have who taught me to do what is right. I'm so grateful for all the examples I have in my life of people who did not doubt, who put their trust in God no matter the situation. Una fe fuerte!(strong faith) I strive to be more like them.

Love you all!

Love elder brown

Q&A
1.
PLEASE send ideas of what we can send you for your birthday!  I need to get working on that fast! Maybe like a slim fit, skinny white shirt... And maybe do you think there is any way possible you could send me that grey suit I had before my mission? I miss that thing. I don't really need much to be honest.
2.  Did you know it was President & Sister Smith's anniversary yesterday on Leap Day?!  Saw that on the mission blog! Haha, I didn't know that...that's cool!

3.  Who have you been getting letters and packages from? Just friends and family... The usual.
Caiden with a member and an investigator

Dinner at the Clementes

The zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment