Thursday, January 7, 2016

Cool Things!!

Familia!

Wow! What an amazing week it was! So many cool things happened this week and I wish I could tell all of them, but there were just too many
amazing things that happened! So I will just get right into it.

So, guess what is happening this Saturday? Elder Holland is coming to our mission!! It's going to be soooo amazing and I am so stoked! The whole mission actually only found out like a couple days ago, but me and Elder Hinckley got the early notice because he will be playing the piano! I’m super excited to get the opportunity to learn from one of my favorite apostles in person! Elder Holland is so powerful and just cool! Haha, to say the least we are excited!

Justin and Bishop have set a date for him to go to the temple, and it's going to be Jan. 1 of next year, so I really hoping that I will have the opportunity, wherever I am at on my mission, to come down and watch him go through the temple. What a great guy! I am so grateful for the chance I had to get to know him!

So, you know how I used to talk about Jose... He had read the Book of Mormon all the way through, was supposed to get baptized like 3 weeks ago and was super solid. Well, like a month ago he dropped us and told us to stop going by. It was sad and I cried, but hey that's life. Well, the other day as we were heading to an appointment. I had a distinct prompting that we should knock on his door again and see how he was doing. So we did and he answered and let us in. We had an amazing lesson and now he is back in! I'm super excited to see how he does!

The other day at Rigoberto's I had an emotion experience. So let me tell y'all a little something about Rigo. He comes to church every week, reads the BOM every day and does everything, but he is just so hesitant on actually getting baptized. He is really nervous. We don't want to force him to get baptized but we were really pushing a date for the end of this month. He said he would pray about it... So we come back and we are just talking and he begins to cry and starts to explain how he wants us to be here so bad when he get baptized, but he just doesn't think he will be ready. He wants to be baptized when he comes back from Puerto Rico in April. He was crying which then got me crying and then before you know it we are holding on to each other just crying... Hahaha, it was so sad but also such a tender experience for me. I love him so much and I know without a doubt in my mind he will be baptized someday. And if I am not here for it that's okay! I'll come back to New York when he goes through the temple! ;) Love Rigo!

One more cool experience... the other day I was on a split with one of our ZL’s and we were in my area. He is an English missionary and English missionaries get like 10 media referrals a day and we have to
contact media referrals within 24 hours. We had a little bit of time before our next appointment so we decided to look up some of his media referrals. We knock on this door looking for a man named Tyrone, and a little Mexican lady answers the door. We asked for Tyrone, but he didn't live there and so we started talking to this lady. She had just moved to New York from Mexico 3 days earlier and was kind of stressed with stuff. We helped her out a little bit and then ended up teaching the family the restoration. They were super excited about it and we are super excited about them! God is preparing people every day to receive our message! We just have to find them!

The mission is soooo cool! I hope you all make this next coming year the best year ever and that you all made some goals to accomplish! Let's make this the best year of our lives! Who's with me!? Hahaha.

Elder brown
P.S. Thanks again for everyone who has sent me stuff! You all rock!!
Looks like another picture of the district...only one we got this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment