Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Bye bye and miracles!!

Well this is it! This is Elder Hinckley’s last week in the mission! It's so sad! He has literally been my companion for half of my mission up to this point, and so I feel like I am going to lose half of me. But it's ok! He is going to do great things! I'll find out who my companion will be on Saturday, so by next week I will let y’all know! I'm pretty stoked!!

As always, I do not have much time this week! It’s Elder Hinckley’s last p-day, so we have been running from here to there doing little things and saying goodbye to people! Sorry I say that every week! Haha!

Nothing super crazy out of the ordinary happened this week, besides the fact that I got to go back home in the Bronx and see some of the most amazing people in the world! We went down for Stake conference and it was so much fun! I got to see Lily, Rigoberto and Justino and all the amazing people I was privileged to teach down there!  I love them! Stake conference was amazing as well! Like always, I will give y’all the summary of the meeting! We talked about miracles. I believe in miracles... like I really do! They still are a thing, and they always will be, according to our faith. With prayer and fasting, literally anything is possible. We have been doing a lot of that recently! We have been praying and fasting for someone super ready to teach. Haha, all missionaries do that, but it just felt like we were doing it super, super hard! And… a miracle happened!! Noemi and her family, that went to the temple with the member, started meeting with us regularly. And then, out of nowhere she just texted us and asked if we could come over, so we did and she said, "what do I need to do to get baptized? I want to get baptized!" Haha, there isn't a much cooler thing to hear as a missionary than that! So, we planned the Baptism for the beginning of December!  It's been super cool to see little changes in her two kids, Alberto and Alan, go from like doing sketchy stuff and being little punks to reading the Book of Mormon and saying prayers. The gospel is life changing!

I can't wait for this Sunday and the Baptism! Roxana is soo amazing! I know you guys already know that! This week she bore her testimony to us and it was so tender! I don't know if I ever mentioned how we found her... well, we first met her because we helped her move homes, and we asked if we could come over and teach her some time and she was hesitant, but accepted. She has just been like the coolest investigator since that day on! Please keep keeping her and her family in your prayers!

Gosh, my letters have been poop lately, haha! Sorry about that! I just hope you feel the love I have for these people and the love I have for my Savior Jesus Christ. I know He lives. I know this is His church! Thanks for all your support and love!


Con amor, 
Elder Brown 

Caiden and Elder Hinckley were able to go back to their old digs in the Bronx last week for Stake Conference.
Here they are with 2 of their earlier converts. Sweet reunion! 

Doing some service

Doing service for others can be fun!!


No comments:

Post a Comment