Monday, January 16, 2017

Revelation and the Book of Mormon

Man, this was a great week! I love this ward so much! The members here are seriously so good to us and even better to the people we teach. The Valencia family, the place where I Facetimed from, invited our Honduran family over to their house after, fed them, watched movies with them and just talked with them from after church until like 10 at night! Haha, we stopped by to share a message with all of them and the Valencias had already shared a message with the family and so basically, we have the most legit members in the whole world! Then we also have ward missionaries that visit with our investigators just as much as we do.... haha, I love this place!

This Sunday was awesome! The confirmation of Noemi went super well! It's been awesome to see everyone in the ward just take care of her like she is part of the family. The Spirit was incredible during Sacrament. One of my personal goals for this year is to make Sacrament a more revelatory experience, so I take a little note card with a question I have, and during the classes and especially during Sacrament I get to write down the spiritual impressions that I receive and this Sunday it was just so incredible! I don't know, it's so hard to explain the spiritual experiences that we have because there is nothing like actually being there, but these past couple Sundays that we have been focused on receiving revelation for what to do with the people we are teaching has made them the best Sundays of my life!

Cool little tender mercy for the week… like I mentioned last week, after all the service and planning for the baptisms and everything, we have had some time to do some finding and getting with some old investigators we used to teach, and we have seen some awesome miracles! A couple months ago, Elder Hinckley and I tracted into a lady. She was super active in her Christian religion and had a calling there and everything. We gave her a Book of Mormon and promised her that she would feel something different when she read. Well, we left, put her in the area book and didn't think much more about it. Then on Saturday Elder Frei and I went to go follow up with her. She opened up with her brand-new baby that had been born a couple weeks earlier and this is what she said, in Spanish of course, "I read the book you left me and something crazy but beautiful happened." She didn't want to tell us then the details of what happened, but wanted us to come over another day when her family would be home. It was amazing to see the light in her eyes after her experience with the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon changes lives. It has changed mine and every time I read it I feel that same feeling!!

I hope y’all are having a fun time in Mexico! Out of all the people from various countries that we get to meet with here in New York, Mexico has got to be my favorite. The food is the most amazing thing in the world! Haha, make sure you eat a lot of tacos with salsa verde! There is nothing like it! And load up on horchata! Mmmmmmm! Haha, love y’all so much! Hope you have a great week!

Con amor,

Elder Brown

Elder Frei and Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment