Thursday, December 8, 2016

Another busy week full of service!Pictures

I legit love the mission more than anything in the whole entire world... like there is not a thing better than being able to serve the Lord! I love it so much! And this week was super busy as always and we kept the service train going by doing service projects every day! It's been super busy, but super-duper fun! I don't think there is a better way to show our love than service, and that's why I love this year's initiative, light the world, so much! Because the way Jesus Christ showed his love for the people was by the miracles he did, that is, the service he rendered to others, and we too are to do the same! Now, maybe we don't raise the dead or heal the blind, but the small acts of service we do daily are miracles because they change the lives of others. But another thing I love about the video is that we have the potential to become like our Savior Jesus Christ! By the daily things we do, we become more and more like him! And there is no better feeling than that! I love our Savior!

So, besides doing a lot of service this week we saw some amazing miracles! We are teaching a less active man named Miguel! I think I mentioned him in my last letter, but I can't remember. Anyways, he is so cool! But he has a really bad problem with drinking, and it's been super tough for his family, especially for their 3 younger boys who barely know who their dad really is. Well anyways, we have been trying our best to see him daily to help him overcome his addiction and he has been getting better, but with little progress. We have been praying and thinking about what we could do to help this man because it had felt like we had tried everything. But the other day we went over to see him and he opens up the door, sober as can be! Now that was super weird, because we had never seen this man not under the influence. To be honest, it was like the strangest thing I have ever seen. He completely changed. As we began to talk to him he had decided to change his life around. It was the first day in a long time that he hadn't drunken a beer and it was cool to see that change in him. Now, we are not saying that he will never drink a beer again and that he is sober for the rest of his life, but I love seeing a desire, a change, and a miracle in people's lives. That's what the gospel does... it changes our nature!

We are teaching some amazing people! We are seriously so blessed with the incredible people that are in our area. Nerio and Noemi should be entering the waters of baptism on the 18 of this month! We are praying and fasting that it happens! Satan really is doing his job, haha, doing what Satan does. I remember on our first lesson with Noemi when she said she would be baptized we told her something. We said that it was going to be a hard road, that Satan was going to do everything he could to keep her from being baptized and that she was going to face the hardest trials of her life, but that if she pushed through that it would all be worth it! And she has seen those trials... everything seems to be going bad for her. But she is awesome and she is going to do it! We have faith in her! Her job doesn't permit her to come to church on Sundays and so she is struggling with that, but she will make the right decision! We love her! But I think that is a life lesson that right before we are about to do something amazing, something that God wants us to do, Satan will do his best to make sure that we don't do that thing. I definitely saw that before I went on my mission, but I know that when we endure the hard trials, when we recognize that Satan is trying get us and we ask help from our Heavenly Father that huge blessings wait for us. There are blessings beyond our imagination that are waiting for every single one of us. I know that!

Well, I got to get heading, but I love YOU! Thanks for all you do! Let's make this week a week full of service and love! The week is what we make it to be!!!!!!!

Con amor, Elder Brown
Pictures from the service he was talking about in the letter 



The rest of these are from the most recent Zone Conference








No comments:

Post a Comment