Thursday, September 15, 2016

The Gospel and it's happiness!



Fam!

This week’s letter is going to be a short one! Sorry about that. We have been super busy today and it’s been hard to find a minute of spare time! But I want to make sure I always drop you guys a line and tell you I love you so much!

This week was really good though! It was a little slower, because Elder Hinckley has this ingrown toe nail that has gotten pretty nasty and so we had to go to the hospital for that, but other than that little hold up this week was pretty amazing!  As always! Every week as a missionary is blessed!
Roxanna and her family are doing super awesome! It was the cutest thing… her little daughter that is 7 years old loved church so much that she said she was never going to miss church another week in her entire life. And then she drew a picture of her getting baptized! Hahaha, man it’s so cool to see the love these people have for the gospel!

A tender mercy that happened this week was when we were looking up less actives in the area. We knocked on this person’s door and a little old lady opened up the door just a crack - just enough that we could see half her face. We talked with her for a second and got to know her… she was being a little stubborn, if I do say so myself, haha, well we ended up asking her if we could just share a quick scripture with her… she said no. Well, if you know missionaries you know that we don’t give up too easily and we kept on being persistent. She ended up giving in and letting us share the scripture. Elder Hinckley whipped out John 16:33, which says, “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” In that moment the Spirit touched all three of us in a way that is indescribable. She opened up the door and told us the trials she was going through. It was a tender experience for all of us. Now we asked her if we could come back and she said no, but she did thank us for coming by. And I know without a doubt in my heart that the Spirit testified to her that the Savior lives and that He loves her, and I know she felt That!  Now on the other hand that scripture hit me in a personal way… at times in the Mission I think we, or I in particular, get caught up in things that don’t matter, get stressed or overwhelmed. Now the Savior didn’t overcome the world so that we can get caught up in it. There are a lot of things in this world that are here to distract us and deprive us from our potential as children of God. But as I spoke of last week we must bury these weapons of war and have peace through the atonement of Jesus Christ. I don’t think our Heavenly Father wants us to be sad, stressed or bugged, but he wants us to find happiness in the Gospel of His son. The Gospel really does provide the true form of happiness. We just need to find it.

I love you! Let’s be happy and make this week the most legendary of them all!


Love, Elder Brown
After basketball with President's son William.

No comments:

Post a Comment