Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Transfer number 3!!‏

First off, I want to give a shout out to the best dad in the whole entire universe! I sent you something in the mail, but I guess it hasn't arrived yet. I love you so much and I hope you had the best birthday in the whole entire world! Thanks for all you have done for me and for your example! You mean the world to me!

So, I still don't have my new iPad, so I will be doing this letter on the computer again, and once again my time is very limited!! (Man, I feel like I say that every week!) But, I really am just so grateful for the opportunity I have to be able to write you guys every week and see how you are all doing! It really is such a blessing!

So you guys will never guess where I got transferred... I got transferred to a place called New Rochelle... and guess who my companion is??? Haha, Elder Hinckley!! Haha, how cool is that!! I am so stoked to be able to be back with my trainer and to do some awesome work with him. So yesterday was my first day in the area of course, and it is an AMAZING area! There is a baptism happening this Saturday and we have 2 lined up for the next two weeks as well, so there is a lot of work to be done!! So, a little bit about the area... New Rochelle is a city right by Scarsdale and so we are pretty close to the mission home and the mission office. It’s a nice and big Spanish ward and the members are like legit the best I have heard! So to say the least I am super super excited for the next couple of transfers!

Transfers are always so bitter sweet like I wrote about last time... I love them but I hate them at the same time! Like you all know the hardest part about it is just saying goodbye to all the people who have literally become part of your life and your heart! This past week I have had to say some of the hardest goodbyes of my life. It was a fun experience being able to reflect on all the people we were able to teach and how they progressed and changed as well as to take a step back and take a look about the change that was brought about in myself. We can never underestimate the influence that we can have on the lives of others. There were people in Newburgh that literally shaped the person that I have become. And that is the potential that our examples, the things we do and say, and the way we treat other can have on other people. I am so grateful for the chance I had to serve the wonderful people of Newburgh and now be able to serve the amazing people in the zone of Westchester. I literally love my mission more than anything in the world!!

Something that President Smith always says to me that I love and I want to share with you guys today is, "we are all agents for change". We have the capability, and the potential to be amazing and literally change the world and people’s lives. If we keep doing the same things, we are going to keep getting the same results. But the more we strive to become better and do all we can, the Lord will endow us with his power and we will become new creatures in Jesus Christ. I hate preaching to the choir, but I just felt like I needed to share that!

I love you all so much! DAD, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Let’s make this week the best one of our lives!! 

Mucho Amor, 

Elder Brown

(He sent us this bunch of pictures of his goodbyes to the people of Newburg, but he gave no other details of who they are or anything! ;( Maybe he will fill us in next week.)







This and the next 3 pictures are from transfer day.





No comments:

Post a Comment