Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Crazy Things!!

Hey family!

Thanks so much for the letters y’all sent me this week! I appreciate them more than you know! So this is going to be another short letter due to some complications we had this week. My iPad broke this past Monday, so I have been iPad-less the past couple days. So, for that reason I am writing this letter on the computer and my time is super limited! The bad news is that I am going to have to pay another fee for the replacement of my iPad. That probably stresses you out Mom, but don’t worry about it. I’m sorry I am adding another burden to you all the way from New York, but please don’t stress too much about it! Everything is awesome as can be!

So, with transfers coming up this week we have got some changes coming about. Just a few minutes ago Elder Molina got a trainer call!! So he will be getting a new guy and I will be heading off to a different area! It’s kind of that bitter sweet feeling... I am stoked for Elder Molina because he is going to have some of the biggest growing experiences and he is going to love training, and for that reason I’m super happy. But I am sad that I have to leave the area. To be honest this has been a tough 4 1/2 months. But these past 4 1/2 months have literally been the best months in my entire life and I have grown more in these past months than I have in my whole 19 years of life. Also, I LOVE all the people here. Man, it’s going to be hard to say goodbye, haha! As you all know, I’m not the best at explaining my feelings, especially when I am talking about people that mean the world to me. But I think the best way I can describe my feelings for the investigators and the members here is to say that my life would not be same without them. The influence they have had on the me and the person I have become is something that will affect literally the rest of my life. I’m so grateful for that.  Gosh, I really wish I had more time to speak about these people and explain my love for them, but like I said time is short. I love Newburgh. There will always be that place in my heart that says that Newburgh is home.

We met the legit coolest family this past week! Myra, Alberto and their 2 kids! Basically, they are like family already! We met them on their porch and we had a good conversation with them. They had a lot of awesome questions and it was crazy cool to see the Spirit work on this little family. They eventually just invited us in for dinner and they just made us feel like we were another two of their kids. Dang, and now it makes me sad that I have to leave them! We also had another cool experience with Hermana Garcia. She had just recently gone through surgery and was having a rough time. We kept on asking what we could do to help her out, but of course she declined all the offers of help we extended. We were kind of worried for her, because without being able to work we weren’t sure how she was going to be able to get things done, let alone put food on the table for her family. So of course, we kept her in our prayers. Well, a few days later her mom from Mexico gave the president of our branch a call explaining to him the situation with Hermana Garcia and asked him for any help he could offer. President Romero, being the stud that he is, went to the store and literally bought loads of food for this family and we had the privilege to help him deliver it. It was a tender experience for us to see the Lord work through our amazing branch president to answer our prayers and I am sure the prayers of Hermana Garcia and her family. It was another testimony to me that The lord works miracles through his worthy servants. It’s cool to know that if we prepare ourselves in the ways that we should and if we are worthy, the Lord could use us in answering the prayers of others. He really is looking after us.

I love you all so much! Sorry for the short letter this week! Next time it will be the best letter yet, I promise! Haha, I’ll make sure to let you know where I am heading next week. It’s pretty crazy to think that next week I will be in a totally different area with totally different people! Y’all are awesome!! 


Love, Elder Brown 

No comments:

Post a Comment