Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The Mission

Dear family!!

How goes it everybody?? Hope this past week has been really good for all of you! Love you guys so much! That is so devastating to hear about sister wells. My heart literally hurt so bad when I heard that. I can't even imagine what the Wells family is going through. Make sure they know that my prayers are with them. Although I only met her a few times, she was always really kind to me and I appreciate that a lot. Gosh, that is so sad.... How great is the knowledge of God’s plan?!

It has been pretty crazy and up-beat over here! Lots and lots of walking and talking! Nothing gets better than that!! It's actually been a pretty crazy week! So, I will just get down to the nitty gritty. So the Christmas initiative that the Church made was pretty huge here in the mission, and in our zone alone, which consist of three wards, we had over 200 referrals. Well, it was actually only the English ward, so they gave all the companionships a hand full of referrals. We spent all Saturday just contacting all of them! It was a super cool and fun experience! All of the ones me and Elder Frei received were waayyy out of our area and so there was a long travel time! A lot of walking and a lot of train rides, but it was such a good opportunity to meet new people and do some good street and subway contacting! We actually met a super cool lady and set a baptismal date with her. I love it when you just return back to the apartment so tired you can't even move! Knowing that you gave it 100 percent! Missions for life! :)

I was reading a talk given to missionaries and something really stuck out to me and I thought I should share it with all of you. The man said “Eventually we must do more than tell the stories of the Book of
Mormon; we must live them." Wow this just struck my heart! I love the Book of Mormon with my whole heart and I don't think I gained a full appreciation for it until I got out on my mission, but man it's changed who I am. But at times, at least for me, and I'm sure for some of you guys too, we get caught up in reading our chapter for the night and then we are done. We can talk, talk and talk about the Book of Mormon and its principles, but until we actually apply what it teaches then we will never see the full effect it can ultimately have on us. And it's hard... That is for sure! But sacrifices open the blessings of heaven!!

So, a member of our ward passed away this last week. Really nice guy! It was pretty sad. The funeral is today and we have been setting up, so, I really don't have too much time to write... I feel like I say that
every week! Hahaha, sorry about that! Just know I love you all soooo much! You guys are always in my prayers!


Love, Elder Brown
The only explanation he gave on today's pictures was "little Elder Brown is getting baptized soon!"

And this one he called the "Glasses of life"

No comments:

Post a Comment