Friday, August 7, 2015

August 7, 2015 - First few days at the MTC!!

Hola Mi Familia!!!

Wow! So the MTC is really like what they say... Drinking from a fire hose! I like to think of it has a spiritual water hose and how all of this water I am consuming is more and more knowledge and love about the gospel! I'm not going to lie the first few days at the MTC were really hard. We are either in the classroom or eating and when we are not doing that we are in bed trying to get a little shut eye before we have to wake up in few hours to start the next day. Even though it has been tough I have already learned so much and am so grateful that I am here and learning. 

The language... Well it's basically what I expected. VERY challenging. Right after we dropped off our bags my host took me to the classroom and from then on I haven't heard anything but Spanish come out of my teacher's mouth! It's so fun though! Like, I am so excited every day to go learn and grow. So basically I know how to bear my testimony and say a prayer in Spanish but that is pretty much it. The real crazy thing is me and my companion, i'll tell you about him in a minute, are planning a 30 minute lesson today that we have to give to this lady tonight and it has to be in all Spanish. It is pretty scary but i think we are prepared and that we will do a fine job. But about my companion, he is really cool! He is really into sports just like me and we have got along great so far! My District is pretty awesome as well! We all get along great and already are joking around and having fun! (But of obviously we are being obedient mother. No worries!!)

I've seen so many people i know here it is insane! it seems like I am just walking down the halls of Timpanogos again! Me and Elder Ham (Ryan) have been able to spend some time together which has been really fun. We normally eat meals by each other and iron our shirts together. It's nice to see someone you are comfortable with. 

I'm in love with the food here! I'm pretty sure I have gained like ten pounds in the last 2 days! It's like unlimited food! What is better than that? But hey mom in my first package will you send me like powerades and treats and stuff like that because man I am already craving all the treats! 

I want to thank you all for all the amazing letters you guys wrote and I really wish I had time to write a letter to all you and thank you for the amazing examples you have been in my life but the schedule here is so jam packed you barely have time to think! I haven't gotten the opportunity to take that many pictures yet because the first week here is so hectic but I'll attach the picture of me with Elder Ham in our dorm. 
 
I know this letter is probably really short and scattered but give me a break it is my first one OK? But I promise that once I get settled in and actually find out what is going on in this place I promise to write AMAZING letters! I will just leave you with my testimony that I know that this is place that I need to be. I know that even though it may be hard at times it will all be worth it. I know that our Savior loves everyone and that He lives. This is the only true church on the earth today and I am so proud to be able to be a servant in this wonderful work! I love you all so much and I am grateful for all of your examples. 

Love, Elder Brown 


No comments:

Post a Comment