Wednesday, July 19, 2017

This is it...

Wow... this is it.. the last time. I just want y'all to know how much I have loved serving the Lord. It has been the most life changing experience in my life up to this point. And, it's sad knowing that it's coming to an end, but comforting knowing that I have a whole lifetime to serve Him and do his work.

This week was AMAZING! We had a lot of sweet, cool experiences and we are teaching some of the coolest people I have ever met! A week ago we met a kid named Alex! Super solid kid! Well, this past Sunday was his first time at church and he loved it to death! He got along so well with all the young men and really enjoyed himself. Well, after church we were walking home and he asked us "How old do you need to be to be baptized?" "8" we said. "So I can get baptized?" Of course you can!" "When can I do it?" "Whenever you want", we responded. "How about tomorrow?" 😂😂 we laughed a little bit and told him that there were a few more things we needed to teach him and so we set up his baptism for the 5th of August. He will be an amazing missionary!

I had my exit interview on Monday, 😭😭😭😭 but it was one of the most eye opening, cool experiences of my life. I sat down with President Smith and we said the opening prayer and he tells me that it's my interview - what questions do you have, he asked me. So I start with my questions and he interrupts me saying, "hold on I want you to meet someone". We walk outside the Manhattan temple and there were two men standing outside. President Smith goes and gives them a big hug. It happened to be one of his buddies from his young mission. His name was Brandon Fugal. (I'm not sure if any of y'all have heard of him, but supposedly he is like super famous 😂) Anyways, so here I am, little ole Elder Brown, standing in the middle of probably some of the most successful business men I have ever met and guess what their conversations were about? No, they didn't talk about the success of their businesses or the positions they have had since the mission, rather they shared spiritual experiences and built the faith of everyone present. We are taught to build the faith of every single person we come in contact with. A lot of the time when you are in Manhattan on a p-day or something like that you come across a member visiting from their state and after talking with them the thought always comes across my mind "what did you do to build their faith?" And, I saw that put into action on Monday. The most important conversations we can have are about the gospel of Jesus Christ. I hope that as y'all have been able to read my letters the last two years that something has been able to grow your faith. I was able to get a blessing from President Smith after the interview and I just want to share a little something that was said... "Look to your patriarchal blessing.. it will tell you what to do." Amen to that! With the worries of what might happen after this coming week ends or where I will be in 10 years, I can look to that blessing and look for guidance.

Everyone in the area is doing really well! I'm bummed I won't be able to see Junior's, Antonio's (he decided he is going to be baptized on the 19th), Alex's, or Chris and his families baptisms, but I've seen them all change so much and hopefully I will be able to Facebook call in on some of the lessons after I get home.

As cliche as it might sound, I am sad to almost be done. I love Elder Munoz! He has been so great and such an important part of the changes that have happened in me these past 4 months. I'm going to miss him. I am going to miss all the incredible people we met here and had spiritual experiences with. And I can't wait to see them when I return. Olmstead has been a miracle place.

I wish I could write more and describe all my feelings, but it just can't be written down.

I love you all and I'll see you in a week!

He says he doesn't really like this picture, but he loves the Bronx!

Caiden and Elder Munoz with Alex

Silvan again with Caiden

Gabby and her family

No comments:

Post a Comment